Saturday 1 August 2020, starting at 11:00, the guided tours will restart at the Benedictine Monastery of San Nicolò l’Arena in Catania.
Officine Culturali will once again guide visitors through the maze of corridors, the majestic architecture and the lush gardens of the Benedictine Monastery, with all the necessary security measures to discover one of the largest monasteries in Europe. The guided tours, in fact, will have a number of participants that will allow social distancing and it will be mandatory to wear a mask during the walk. The safety measures will allow visitors to enjoy the experience safely while maintaining the pleasure of discovery.
With the guided tours of about 60 minutes, the public will set off on a journey through history that from 1558 reaches the present day, thanks to the refurbishment by the architect Giancarlo De Carlo.
Saturday 1 August at 11am – 1pm – 3pm and from 5pm to 10pm a guided tour every hour.
Sunday 2 August at 11am – 1pm – 3pm – 4pm – 5pm – 6pm
From Monday 3 August:
- Monday closed
- From Tuesday to Friday at 11am – 12pm – 1pm / 4pm – 5pm – 6pm.
- Saturday from 5pm to 10pm, one tour every hour.
- Sunday at 11am – 12pm – 1pm / 4pm – 5pm – 6pm.
- Monday 10 August at 11am – 1pm – 4pm and 6pm
- Wednesday 12 August CLOSED
- Saturday 15 August from 11am to 6pm a tour every hour
- Sunday 16 August from 6pm to 10pm a tour every hour.