In October 2020, the timetable of the guided tours to visit the Benedictine Monastery will be as follows:
From Thursday 1st October to Sunday 4th October:
- Thursday 1st October and Friday 2nd October at 11am, 12am, 1pm | 4pm, 5pm and 6pm
- Saturday 3rd October and Sunday 4th October at 10am, 11am, 12am, 1pm | 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm.
From Monday 5th October to Saturday 31st October:
- Monday closed
- From Tuesday to Friday at 11am, 12am, 1pm | 3pm, 4pm, 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm every hour.
To participate, reservations are recommended by calling 0957102767 – 3349242464*. The info point of the Benedictine Monastery will be open from 1st to 4th October from 9.30am to 6pm and from 6th to 31st October from 9.30 am to 5pm.
Our staff will accompany visitors to discover the labyrinthine corridors, the majestic architecture and the gardens of the former monastery, applying all the necessary safety measures. The guided tours will take place with a number of participants that is appropriate for social distancing. It will be necessary to wear a mask during the visit. These measures will allow visitors to enjoy the tour in complete safety while preserving the pleasure of discovering one of the largest monasteries in Europe.
The guided tours to the Benedictine Monastery, now the Department of Humanities, last about 60 minutes and allow the public to take a journey through the history, from 1558 up to the present day, thanks to the restoration work by the architect Giancarlo De Carlo.
Nb: timetable may be subject to change. Before visiting the Benedictine Monastery, please visit the website www.monasterodeibenedettini.it, our social media channels or contact our info-point.
* We apologize for any delays in replying to your requests: the anti Covid rules require longer procedures with the public. Thank you for your understanding!